Saturday, July 21, 2007

Mmmm. Donut.

I made it down to the Kwik-E-Mart in Bladensburg finally. I just was not motivated to go until I saw THG's trip yesterday. This was also the inspiration for my new Flickr account, where I was geotagging New York photos while watching the new Doctor Who last night (yes I'm geeky, so what. Not hatin' on Billie Piper at all, but I do love Freema Agyeman as the new companion. Rather looking forward to John Barrowman's return though).

Since the movie comes out next week, time (and 7-Eleven empolyee) patience is running out. So if you want to see the only Kwik-E-Mart in the Capitol Region, here's what you do (if coming from Baltimore; if from DC or Virginia, just take the Capitol Beltway to Exit 22B towards Washington):

Go down the BW Parkway (or down 95, to the Capitol Beltway, and then the BW Parkway) and take the MD 450 Annapolis-Bladensburg exit. You'll bear right, and then turn right at either: 48th St (which merges into Kenilworth; the Kwik-E-Mart is on your right), or Edmonston Rd (the parking lot for the Kwik-E-Mart is on your left, just before Tilden, which is the first street after you turn; I took this route).

I have never equated a 7-Eleven with a carnival festival, but that's what it was. All these "tourists" taking photos of everything. This was me, too, taking photos of everything. You can see them all on Flickr, but a handful are here. This includes the hefty promotions, like the delicious Krusty-O's and sugary Buzz Cola (I wonder if out-of-state Kwik-E-Marts are selling Duff Beer, too).

I ended up buying a box of Krusty-O's - just Froot Loops in Simpson's clothing - and a six-pack of Buzz cola, plus two Simpsons-esque pink donuts with technicolor sprinkles, a Big Bite and a Squishee in a Marge Simpson souvenir cup that I could actually use someday. I dumped out the Squishee - too much sugar for me to stand - but polished off a donut and the hot dog. The rest is sitting at home, waiting for me to put it away.

Some other goodies:

Our dogs are guaranteed to sit no longer than five and a half days according to official Kwik-E-Mart health regulations.

Under the watchful eye of Chief Wiggum...


Fairfax said...

DAMNNNNN... I didn't know the new Doctor was on SciFi... I will have to reserve fridays to watch. did you ever see the lauren cooper (catherine tate) epi with the new doctor?

John said...

Yep, seen 'em all so far. And Torchwood is coming to BBC America in September!

Dan said...

John: Glad you made it down there. I hope you agree it was well worth the trip. BTW, no Duff Beer. They decided that because the movie was PG-13 it wouldn't be appropriate.

John said...

>>HOMER WHINE<< Ohhhh, but Duff Beer is delicious and wonderful! :)