Saturday, July 21, 2007

Mmmm. Donut.

I made it down to the Kwik-E-Mart in Bladensburg finally. I just was not motivated to go until I saw THG's trip yesterday. This was also the inspiration for my new Flickr account, where I was geotagging New York photos while watching the new Doctor Who last night (yes I'm geeky, so what. Not hatin' on Billie Piper at all, but I do love Freema Agyeman as the new companion. Rather looking forward to John Barrowman's return though).

Since the movie comes out next week, time (and 7-Eleven empolyee) patience is running out. So if you want to see the only Kwik-E-Mart in the Capitol Region, here's what you do (if coming from Baltimore; if from DC or Virginia, just take the Capitol Beltway to Exit 22B towards Washington):

Go down the BW Parkway (or down 95, to the Capitol Beltway, and then the BW Parkway) and take the MD 450 Annapolis-Bladensburg exit. You'll bear right, and then turn right at either: 48th St (which merges into Kenilworth; the Kwik-E-Mart is on your right), or Edmonston Rd (the parking lot for the Kwik-E-Mart is on your left, just before Tilden, which is the first street after you turn; I took this route).

I have never equated a 7-Eleven with a carnival festival, but that's what it was. All these "tourists" taking photos of everything. This was me, too, taking photos of everything. You can see them all on Flickr, but a handful are here. This includes the hefty promotions, like the delicious Krusty-O's and sugary Buzz Cola (I wonder if out-of-state Kwik-E-Marts are selling Duff Beer, too).

I ended up buying a box of Krusty-O's - just Froot Loops in Simpson's clothing - and a six-pack of Buzz cola, plus two Simpsons-esque pink donuts with technicolor sprinkles, a Big Bite and a Squishee in a Marge Simpson souvenir cup that I could actually use someday. I dumped out the Squishee - too much sugar for me to stand - but polished off a donut and the hot dog. The rest is sitting at home, waiting for me to put it away.

Some other goodies:



Our dogs are guaranteed to sit no longer than five and a half days according to official Kwik-E-Mart health regulations.



Under the watchful eye of Chief Wiggum...

4 comments:

Pigtown*Design said...

DAMNNNNN... I didn't know the new Doctor was on SciFi... I will have to reserve fridays to watch. did you ever see the lauren cooper (catherine tate) epi with the new doctor? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddr5Uj-8PVU

John said...

Yep, seen 'em all so far. And Torchwood is coming to BBC America in September!

Dan said...

John: Glad you made it down there. I hope you agree it was well worth the trip. BTW, no Duff Beer. They decided that because the movie was PG-13 it wouldn't be appropriate.

John said...

>>HOMER WHINE<< Ohhhh, but Duff Beer is delicious and wonderful! :)