Monday, May 21, 2007

Snackin' around the Beltway


I am starting a new project. I am always driving around looking for good eats in different parts of town. And my travels take me all over the beltway. So why not, I reasoned, deliberately see what is waiting for me off of the different exits?

This is the idea for my new project: Snacking around the Beltway. I know, it’s not the most original name, considering. It is more original than the “Beltway Snacker” would’ve been. Not much, but enough for my purposes.

Eventually, I plan to put these on their own separate page. Why? It just seems like a good idea to keep it all together in its own special little place. But for now, I'll keep them here. When I do set up the new blog, I'll put all these related posts there.

My own personal rules for this project are simple:

1. I will try to stay as close as possible to the exit - this is to find food right off the exit. After all, what if you're hungry and need something now?

2. I will not write about any place about which I have written before. This is specifically so that I can find new places to try out.

3. If an exit branches off into two or three exits, I will venture off in each direction at some point. Again, this is to try as much as possible.

4. If the exit is an on-ramp to another interstate, I will get off the first exit I can (so if I get off of Exit 11B, I-95 south, the first exit I would take off of it would be where I stopped).

5. I can bend these rules as I see fit, if it's most convenient for me - particularly if there is nothing for miles off an exit.

6. Finally, and this is the one I will not bend: I will visit each exit in numerical order. For instance, I'm not going to write about Arbutus (Exit 10) until I visit Lansdowne (Exit 9) first.

Look for my first post about my adventure off of Exit 1, Ft. Smallwood Rd and Pasadena, in the near future.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

exit one? are you going to Cookies?

John said...

Oh I tried, but they were closed every time I went there! I was bummed because that is the one place everyone talks about. But I did go somewhere!

Mary said...

This looks like a fun project! Although, it'll take you a looooooong time to get to my neck of the woods (dundalk).

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and I cant wait to read through your "snackin around the beltway"!