Thursday, March 10, 2011

Soda Update #2 (and a Lenten Fast?)

I don't really do the "give up something for Lent" thing anymore, but I did consider giving up soda for Lent. Eventually I decided against it. I've been pretty good about not drinking too much soda. Though on average I'm still about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cans a day, I have gone up to about 2 cans on some days. Instead I've given up something far more (readily) dangerous to my teeth: chewing ice. I have that very bad habit and it would be nice to break myself of it. A Lenten fast should be something that betters you and gives you practice in temperance and self-control.

Along those lines, I have also decided to try, as much as possible, to go meatless on Lenten Fridays. Again, this is more an exercise in self-control. However, while there is nothing with eating meat (in my opinion), one does not need to eat it all the time. I may not succeed in this task, but I sure plan to try.

0 comments: