Thursday, June 03, 2010

Great Grapes Bacon Cookin' Contest!


I've never been part of a cook off before. Well, this is my chance to change all that! On Saturday, June 12, 2010, I will be one of three local foodie bloggers taking the bacon cook off challenge. This is part of the Great Grapes Wine, Arts & Food Festival. Yes, I know it coincides with HonFest, but seriously, were you going to spend all day there?

The half-hour cook off is at 1 PM, where I will be competing with Kit Pollard (Mango & Ginger) and Kathy Patterson (Minx Eats) to see who can make the purtiest, most creative and above all tastiest bacon dish. I am not sure what they will be fixing, but it will have some form of bacon in it.

Also be sure to see the Sunday blogger panel at 3 PM, moderated by Dara Bunjon (Dining Dish) and also featuring Liz Stambaugh (What's To Eat Baltimore), Wendy Tien (Upstart Kitchen), Wendi Mosteiko (Bon Appetit Hon) and Jessica Lemmo (Adventures in Baltimore Restaurants)

Tickets are $20 for one day ($15 for a designated driver - that is, no wine, ticket) and $30 for two, and some come with goodies.

0 comments: