Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Zombie Food Pyramid

Courtesy of Slashfood.com (from 2008), what might the Food Pyramid look like for our fine fetid friends? Wonder no more: the Zombie Food Pyramid is below:


In the spirit of all things zombified, I am trying to watch George Romero's zombie oeuvre this month, plus a few other standouts that came along the way. If you're curious or want to watch along, a list is below. Dates are not set in stone for you; this is just how it best fits into my calendar. Oh, and has anyone seen the new Zombieland movie that's out right now? I'm hoping to see it this weekend.

I know this isn't quite food-related, but this is too much for Twitter, so it goes here. And I'm sure the occasional non-foodie post can be forgiven. But hey, I did add a food pyramid!

Great Zombie Marathon

October 7 - Night of the Living Dead (1968)

October 11 - Dawn of the Dead (1978)

October 12 - Day of the Dead (1985)

October 14 - Return of the Living Dead (1985)

October 17 - Night of the Living Dead (1990)

October 18 - Land of the Dead (2005)

October 19 - 28 Days Later (2002)

October 21 -
Resident Evil (2002 - just this one; the others suuuuucked)

October 24 -
Dawn of the Dead (2004)

October 25 - Shaun of the Dead (2004)

October 28 - Diary of the Dead (2008)

5 comments:

Occupy Terra said...

I caught Zombieland at Benjies this weekend, it was amazing, and seeing it on the huge screen was awesome, although the full moon detracted from it a bit.

Jennifer said...

I really want to see Zombieland this weekend, it looks awesome. I'm a sucker for a goof zombie flick.

Babes of Blood said...

Gotta appreciate anyone who commits to a zombie marathon. It makes me want to do my own, although we don't have the full Romero catalog. Was George really associated with 28 Days Later?

Babes of Blood said...

Ah. I'm dumb. I skipped over that part about "plus a few other standouts." Carry on...

John said...

Yeah, I bet half of the movies on my list are in no way involved with Romero.