Friday, October 16, 2009

Because it's Diwali (or Dipavali)

My experience with making Indian food started with the microwave (again, praise to Julie Sahni). Why don't I use it to make more Indian food? Because I make so much of everything these days. And I'll never work my way through the whole cookbook.

I have not bothered to make Indian sweets. YET. Enter Aai's Kitchen: From 2007, how to make the very sweet rava ladoo in the microwave. Since the Hindu Festival of Lights has lots of sweets, why not make some?

2 comments:

roopa said...

Thanks for recognizing!

It's customary to make sweets for Deepavali (that's the South Indian - and correct - way of spelling/pronouncing it) so this looks like an interesting shortcut.

John said...

Of course, I'm lazy enough to just go out & buy Indian sweets!