Monday, July 20, 2009

Because humans were on the moon 40 years ago

Does anybody remember where they were for the Moon Landing? I don't - I didn't even exist yet. But I know this little critter wasn't there when the first Moon Landing happened on July 20, 1969 (and no, it wasn't a friggin' hoax). Imagine if the moon were made of green fondant.

.

Those of you who do remember the Moon Landing: do y'all remember these odd things? I found this during a search for "space food" - because, y'know, I'm curious what they were snacking on during the Apollo XI journey. Instead I found "food" from Pillsbury that would make Michael Pollen irate.



Anybody remember these things? They probably died out in the early '70's.

UPDATE - Here's one that's even more reminiscent of the Moon Landing, with FX that would have made the BBC envious in the late 60's.

2 comments:

Gryfino said...

My friend just finished explaining me in detail how the whole thing has been staged. I haven't laughed so much in my entire life.

Eric said...

I totally remember Space Food Sticks. My brother and I ate them by the boxful while watching Saturday morning cartoons. Of course you washed them down with tang or "Russian tea" which was Tang, instant Lipton ice tea, sugar and spices, served hot. Yum!