Sunday, June 21, 2009

Heading off to Georgia...

Last weekend, Cathy drove down, daughter and father-in-law in tow, to spend the summer with her husband, who is currently stationed at Fort Stewart. This week I am making the big 10 hour trek to the Georgia Low Country. Though I won't be staying in Savannah, there is the promise of spending a day there.

But I won't be stopping in to see you-know-who:


This isn't a slight at Miss Paula. But the place has a long line just to make reservations. That, and Eric and Alan let me know on their visit a few years ago (on my recommendation, no less) that the buffet they serve is little more than mediocre. Granted, she's not really cooking there these days, and the word is that it was much better when Paula Deen was doing the cooking. But there are many good places to eat in Savannah. The Lady & Sons is just one.

We have cousins in Augusta that I hope to visit while we're there. If time and money hold up, I'm hoping to get to Atlanta, which isn't exactly en route between Baltimore and Savannah. But it's just so big and fabulous, I will have to struggle to resist.

3 comments:

Nanc Twop said...

Have fun!

p.s.

Is the Shaba-Shabu Thai Japanese Restaurant (in NC) along your route?...

John said...

If it's the one I just Google'd, it's in Raleigh, which is close enough to both I-95 and I-85 that I will pass by and probably stop for a while. In fact, on the way back I will probably overnight it in Raleigh, since it's a convenient half-way point between Baltimore and both Atlanta and (if I don't make it out to ATL) Savannah.

Stacey said...

Mmmmm...Georgia. Wish I could go.

I am in No VA so you could swing by and pick me up one your way.....