I am tired and not in a mood to type tonight, but I wanted to give at least a culinary and un-culinary update.
- A human can subsist on honey roasted peanuts alone when he's taking the eight-hour trip from Baltimore via Cleveland via St. Louis via Phoenix to Ontario. But it ain't fun. Neither is that trip.
- Make sure your job references actually send in the forms.
- Those South Beach bars really aren't half bad...
- Airplane reading: the incredibly engrossing Fortune Cookie Chronicles by Jennifer 8. Lee. I started reading it on the runway in Cleveland and got through 80% of the book over the next six hours. A review is forthcoming, but I just have to say: WOW! Y'all HAVE to READ this BOOK! It's non-fiction, by the way (I mostly enjoy reading nonfiction books).
- On the non-food front: I pre-paid for my rental, but Hertz let me upgrade for $5 a day ($40 total) for a hybrid car that gets 48 miles to the gallon!!! That's twice what the car I originally ordered got to the gallon. Plus my 70% savings on Priceline for the cost of the car, and I'm making out like a bandit.