Thursday, April 03, 2008

Kecap Manis Veggies from a Bag

I'm still working on getting all my Amsterdam photos up (most of them are here; my Boston and Reykjavik Airport pix are also up on Flickr). In the meantime, here's a little something I whipped up with some of the sambal (kecap) manis I brought back with me from the Albert Heijn supermarket chain. It actually makes frozen veggies edible. They are soft, but I don't mind them soft. If you do, you probably won't like this recipe.

Ingredients:
1 T olive oil
2 large cloves garlic, sliced
about 1/2 T soy sauce (or to taste)
about 1 T sambal or kecap manis (or to taste)
1/4 lb (1/4 of a 1 lb bag) frozen mixed vegetables (such as carrots, broccoli and cauliflower)

Heat the oil over a medium-low flame, add the slices of garlic, soy sauce and kecap manis. Stir for a minute. Add vegetables (still frozen is fine), stir until covered in sauce. Cover and heat over low flame for five minutes, stirring occasionally.

0 comments: