Thursday, November 29, 2007

I am not eating at the Towson Panera Bread again...

I was feeling lazy for dinner, so I went to the Panera Bread on York Road up near Towson - just on the Baltimore City side of the city-county line. I got in the long line, and started to look to see where it ended. I then laid my eyes on the sweets and saw someone behind the counter lick their fingers to open a bag. This is someone who handles food - licking their fingers. Without gloves. With their tongue. Bleeeeeeeeeeeh! My Lord, they might as well have gone ahead and pissed on it. Who knows how often they do that!? Ick. Ick ick ick ick ick.

With that I turned around and just walked out. With a piece of their free bread, of course. Which now that I think about it, was probably touched by newly-licked hands, too :P *

It probably happens everywhere, but at least hide it, people. No, never mind, just please don't do that. The licking thing, don't do that.

I eventually shambled on over to Boston Market and Chipotle across the street before I gave up, went to Giant, bought some eggs, bacon, spinach and mozzarella to make a Quiche Lorraine. At least nobody will lick their hands before they eat it.

* Actually, the image in my mind is now pretty damn funny, and I am cracking up - people being paid to stand around all day licking their hands before they hand you your sandwich. Too bad I don't do any drugs or this would be even funnier (though I did have a glass of wine a little while ago).

4 comments:

roopa said...

Ugh, it absolutely disgusts me when people lick their finger in order to separate a plastic bag or a piece of paper from. My boss always does that (with paper) and I think he has noticed how gingerly I accept the piece of paper from him - GOOD, because we work in public health, and that is definitely UNsanitary.

Ugh, I'm so grossed out right now!!!

Summer said...

EWWWW... I would have left too. My hubby actually stopped going to the Canton Subway because one of the sandwich "artists" wiped his nose with his gloved hand before asking him what he wanted. He said "uh, nevermind..." But he has called and reported several places for things like that. I also hate when they handle money and then want to make your sandwich. Umm... do you know how dirty money is?? ugh.

foodette said...

That is so gross! But, I agree with you - it's probably the tip of the iceberg as far as restaurant grossness that we don't know about. Oh well. I'm with you, though - please, don't let me see you do it!

Pigtown*Design said...

Ewwwww...
Ya should have mosey-ed over to Fortunato's across the street... right next to Star$$.