Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Gift horses? I hate gift horses.

I bet this is happening to a lot of people who blog about a specific topic. Occasionally when I check my email, I get emails offering me things specifically because I do this - or moreover, a food-related - blog. Naturally suspicious as I am, I delete 'em. The latest ones left me puzzled. One was inviting me to get a heads up on a Baltimore film contest (?). Out it went. The second was more logical, if also more commercial. It was an invite to a free screening of No Reservations, starring Catherine Zeta-Jones. This is a movie I neither have the time to see, nor have any desire to see anyway. So out it went, too. I guess I just can't get used to free stuff unless I seek it out first.

Food haiku:

Tickets to a film,
Contests, tastings, AND Food Week -
Just because you blog!

3 comments:

jmc said...

You probably already know this...No Reservations is the American remake of the German film Mostly Martha, which was interesting and well-cast, but marred by a trite, family values ending.

John said...

Nope, I didn't know that. The trite ending, is that the American film or the German one? Color me unsurprised if the former.

jmc said...

Surprisingly, the offensive (to me) ending was in the German version. Every woman MUST have children! Having a child and SO/husband will reduce her neuroses! Or maybe I'm just reading into the ending....