Thursday, February 08, 2007

It just struck me... (or Year of the Pig, Covered in Cheese Whiz)

Thanks to all y'all for your suggestions about great places to eat in Philadelphia. But I just realized something: the same weekend I have scheduled for my Prez Day trip to Philly is Chinese New Year! Does anybody know what Philly's celebration is like? This may mean a pre-emptive re-scheduling of the Tut exhibit (it is there till September, after all) and a trip to DC or New York for Chinese New Year if Philly does not get really into it.

2 comments:

kris said...

Philly's Chinatown is absolutely huge and has wonderful places to eat. If you're interested, drop me a line and I'll ask my foodie contact about Chinese New Year Celebrations. :)

John said...

Verity - I would love to find out. I'm not sure if I will go up if the weather sucks, but if I do I definitely want to be armed with this information!