Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Support the Senator!

No, not Ben Cardin or Barbara Mikulski (I don't care whether you do or not. Anyway...) I just found out this disturbing piece of news earlier today: the Senator is going through foreclosure!!! Read the Baltimore Sun article here.

Now I do not know exactly what this means. Will it be bought by someone who runs it as a theater? Will it close altogether? Will it be turned into yet another Starbucks (or even worse, two Starbucks)? It's a shock, and a place so many of us have taken for granted. Let's hope for the best for the Senator.

Since I do not know what the future holds for them, I think I will go see Dreamgirls one last time there this weekend.

UPDATE: I just saw that people are donating. Can somebody donate, say, 90 grand to 'em? Stat?

5 comments:

danielle said...

I saw this is on the news last night. I hadn't seen the Sun article. This is terrible. The owner has been in default on the mortgage since the summer, couldn't a donation drive have been started sooner? Whatever happens I hope it stays a theater.

Pigtown*Design said...

brit air to london $300 r/t plus taxes. it's tempting.

John said...

Yeah, but I just talked to my friend from over there and if I went at all, it'd be the summer, when (sadly) it's most expensive to fly. He always swears by pruchasing around a month in advance and always finds some of the cheapest fares. I, on the other hand, have been under the delusion that the earlier you buy the cheaper, and was fretting over the idea of it being too LATE to get a good deal for the summer!

Well, what've I got to lose? I'll wait and see. And if it's not cheaper I'll just go somewhere else.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you -- I hope the Senator stays a theater. That place is a treasure.

John said...

I may bring a camera with me to take photos. Will they let me into the building? I won't take pictures of the movie!