Sunday, February 04, 2007

President's Day Road Trip: Philly

I am traversing the Mason-Dixon line again soon, this time heading to Philadelphia to see the exciting King Tut exhibit at the Franklin Institute of Science. It just left LA, I think. Anyway, I will be sharing my food experiences up there. There won't be many; it'll just be a day trip.

But I am doing something I haven't done before. I am asking y'all if you could recommend a good place for lunch or dinner, maybe even breakfast. If there is any place up in Philly that you just crave whenever you go up there, let me know. I have a limited range of places. The last time I went, my best dining experience was at the Whole Foods. I can get that here. So help, please! Thanks.

7 comments:

Pigtown*Design said...

Quick comment on the new site: it's a little busy and hard to read. too many colours!

If the King Tut is the same that was in Chicago, it's not that good. A lot of the lesser stuff and they funnel you through, so you can't skip the dull parts. This isn't the same block-buster King Tut that was in DC about 20 years ago.

kris said...

I saw the Tut exhibit in Chicago, too. It was great.

Re: Philly...I just so happen to know a certain foodie who lives there. If you're into Jewish fare...try:
http://philadelphia.citysearch.com/profile/8991045/

Fabulous. The sandwiches will blow you away. I was just there this weekend. It's close to South Street and Penns Landing.

kris said...

BTW: straight from my foodie guru who lives in the city...if you want the best philly cheesesteak, go to John's Roast Pork, Wecceccoe Street & Snyder Avenue, (215) 463-1951. CLOSED on the weekends so if you're up for that Monday you can catch it!!!! They also do great egg sandwiches.

kris said...

oh and read up on this!

John said...

Famous 4th Street Delicatessen sounds niiiiice. I'll look for it. Will not be up there, alas, on that Monday. And too funny about those guys searching for the perfect cheesesteak!

As for the site: I don't know if it's too busy for me, really, but again, it's just temporary. Thanks for all the suggestions, y'all.

Anonymous said...

Fork for dinner, Reading Terminal Market for everything (it is a food wonderland), Twenty Manning for dinner. Fork especially.

John said...

It all sounds great, I don't even know where to start, so I'll just start with... oh damn, I don't know where! Maybe the Reading Terminal Market...