Just a few things in and around the Mt. Vernon neighborhood that I haven't gotten around to, since life and these dang State-by-State posts have taken up all my time:
1) I love Mughal Garden, and will go back again and again, but you didn't have to get so worried when I ordered my dinner "spicy" last night. It wasn't very spicy. Didn't even have to blow my nose more than once with that delicious lamb korma. Are y'all sure you didn't give me medium-spiced instead?
2) Not sure if Marie Louise Bistro just doesn't want me there anymore, but the last few times I've gone in to wait for a table much of the staff has just stared at me and kept walking - not even a "Someone will be with you in just a moment, sir" (that will keep me patiently waiting for a while). Note: they won't stop you from going upstairs to seat yourself.
3) What the hell are these things? (Taken not in Mt. Vernon but at the Abingdon Wegman's in Harford County. Just had to slip this in somewhere.)
4) Back to Mt. Vernon:: it looks like somebody's doing something with the old Brass Elephant building. Yay! (Yes I'm probably the last person to say anything about it, but it's overdue. The linked article suggests it may be back open by spring, which means soon since it's now spring!)
5) Am going to Kumari again. Last August I got a nasty bout of something after eating there (avoid the chow chow if at all possible). But they won me back with their Nepali Bhohan!
6) I really should save up for this sometime: Sotto Sopra's next Opera Night ($58) is Sunday, May 20th. (Yes, just south of Mt. Vernon but hell it's my blog.)
That's all for now. Back tonight for some half-priced maki rolls at Minato before the alleged finale of RuPaul's Drag Race at the Hippo (who is hosting RPDR finalist Sharon Needles on May 4!).
And happy birthday to my sister who is once more only a year younger than I am :-P