Monday, June 20, 2011

The "New" Bread Maker


My old secondhand Regal bread maker had to be replaced. The bread pan was so buckled in on itself that bread no longer comes out easily. Even worse, the paddle is missing somewhere around my apartment. So after much window shopping and internet surfing for $90 bread makers, I threw up my hands and went to the Goodwill, where I found a simple, low-end second hand bread maker from Zojirushi for all of eight bucks. It has four settings, one being a dough only one. That's good enough for me.


I tested it on one of my State-by-State series recipes, which you will read about in a few weeks. The bread came out beautifully. Sure it's just a one pound loaf, but I don't eat that much bread anyway.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zojirushi is the best brand ever. I purchased mine second hand as well for $7 and it worked for me for about 2 years. I used it at least 1 time a day. Even when the pan gets scratched up the bread is never stuck. When it broke I bought a Better Bread machine on craigslist for $15. Bread always stuck to the unscratched pan and the machine died 5 days later. I just got a new cuisine art machine - it was a $55 deal instead of regular $99 price. It seems to work well ( I only used it twice) but it is not nearly well built as my old Zojirushi. Everything after Zojirushi seems so flimsy. But I still didn't want to spend almost $200 on a new Zojirushi and couldn't find a second hand one. So, will see. I hate buying store bread, it tastes so artificial. And I like making my own pizza, tastes so much better. Plus it saves a lot of money to make your own and much healthier!