A gardening update: my garden is starting to take real shape. A few things I noticed while I was working in my plot today, some more surprising than others:
- I have a renegade lettuce problem. Oh sure, the romaine I have in the ground is doing nicely, but I have a whole lot of lettuce sprouting up all over my plot. This happened after my lettuce plants bolted last year. At least I liked the lettuce. Now I'll not have to buy lettuce at all this summer.
- My sweet peas and snow peas are coming in even more nicely. I have never grown peas so I was surprised to see how fast they shot up after just a few weeks. I also have some big ass onions and some carrots, cabbages and potatoes shooting up.
- Is my corn supposed to be growing already?
- As I've said before, I had no idea that mint and oregano would grow so wildly. I'll be constantly pruning this stuff back all year. I hope it doesn't strangle out the parsley I just planted.
- I finally put those peanuts in the ground. These may not sprout for a good while. I'll keep you all posted.