Sunday, September 12, 2010

And now for a brief snack...

Ladies and gentlemen, I have decided to take a hiatus from the blog. Posting has been extremely light as of late, and to be honest my heart just isn't in it right now. There are lots of things going on with the family and with work - both what I have and what I'm trying to get - that just have to be my first priority.

I will still be checking comments for the time being. I'm not sure how long this is going to last, but I want to be able to come back to The Baltimore Snacker with the same excitement and enthusiasm that I did four years ago today. I still anticipate the blog being around for its fifth blogiversary, but for now both it and I need a break. In the meantime, thanks to all y'all for reading (especially keeping the sorghum thread alive and, ahem, popping). When I'm ready to fire up the blog again, I'll let you know on Twitter and Facebook. But for now, the pots and pans are being put to rest.

7 comments:

Mairead said...

Best of luck with that whole real life thing! Go take care of things, and we'll all be here when you get back.

Kit Pollard said...

Totally understandable - enjoy your hiatus. I hope it's refreshing and that you come back with new energy for blogging!

John said...

Kit and Mairead: Thanks, guys! I will be back, just not right now.

Nakiya @ Taste of Baltimore said...

Hope everything's OK, John. Go do what you need to do!

Mary said...

Preaching to the choir here as I just hit year 4, too!

Dara Bunjon said...

Will miss you. I understand how life get's in the way of blogging. Much success and see you on Twitter & Facebook.

John said...

Thank you all!