Saturday, August 07, 2010

Screw Chick-Fil-A...


The first Sonic Drive-In ever to open in the Baltimore area opens up on Liberty Road in Reiserstown on Friday, August 13! Last I heard, future ones are slated for Ellicott City and Lansdowne (and note to Sonic: it ain't pronounced "ElliCOT" but "ElliKIT"). I don't know if this is still true but I sure hope so (except that most of my family lives in Lansdowne, and I will stop there more often than my waistline will like).

More info on the first Bawlmer Sonic can be found at the official "Sonic of Baltimore" Facebook page.

3 comments:

John said...

Before I get the hostile comments from Chick-Fil-Aniacs: it's just a joke. I'm not actually hating on Chick-Fil-A. But Baltimore has several of them and we've never had a Sonic before. I've been looking forward to this for a very long time.

Baltimore Foodie said...

Say what you want about Sonic's food, but no fast food drink IMHO has come close to their lime aid.

Spam said...

A friend of mine was told my a reliable source that locations are also on the way for Middle River, Cockeysville/Hunt Valley, and "I think Owings Mills".

It certainly appears that Sonic is keeping their promise from last year about building "dozens" of locations in the Baltimore/DC area.