A few things I've noticed while trapped in my parents' house in the throes of the Snowpocalypse of 2010:
- It's not that difficult to kind of recreate Jell-O 1-2-3, that fabulously foamy Jell-O confection from somewhere in the 80's: take any Jell-O mix and boiling water, blend it in a blender on medium for 30 seconds, then high for a minute. Then add ice water and blend on high for a minute. Refrigerate as normal. It'll solidify into two layers: the regular Jello-O layer and a foamy layer on top. Sure, it's only more of a Jello 1-3, without the middle #2 layer. But it's still different.
- My cat will eat peanuts.
- A piece of bacon wrapped around a hot dog - "Tijuana-style" but without the maters and onions - is blissful after 20 minutes in the toaster oven, on the "Broil" setting. Normally it would shrivel up and get all hard after spending that long in the toaster oven, but the bacon prevents that by lubricating it.
- Caught an Ace of Cakes marathon. The Duffster made that Old Bay cake for the 70th anniversary of Old Bay. Wish I had gone to that.
- Which reminds me: I need to get back to Dizzy Izzies at some point.
- I have orange chicken and milk sitting in my fridge at home that probably won't be any good by the time I finally get home. And my banana wine needed to be strained on Sunday.
- I would have gone out for a beer but every parking space is snowed in. And we're getting 10 to 20 more inches of snow. Things are looking quite Antarctic right about now.