Sunday, January 24, 2010

Five Minute Brie sans Croute

Here is something I threw together today to take to a chorus rehearsal that even Claire Robinson, that wacky perky person on the Five Ingredient Fix show on the Food Net would appreciate. It parallels many recipes I have found online, almost all of which require pastry. I have no pastry, and I had to get it done fast. My apologies if this is similar to anyone's specific recipe, but a lot of these really are variations on a theme. I just eyeballed it as I went along.

You will need a wedge of brie, about 1/4 cup of honey, a handful of pecans, some kosher or sea salt and a little butter (or ghee - yes, I actually have ghee lying around).

Put the brie wedge into a broiler-safe dish (Corningware, for example). Stir fry the pecans in the butter/ghee and salt for a minute, then dump them and the honey on top of the brie wedge. Place under the broiler for about two minutes, until the pecans are dark but not burned. The brie will be warmed and not melted. Serve with crackers.

I wanted to throw on some craisins but I had run out. Oh well. Next time.

0 comments: