Sunday, October 04, 2009

A little bummed about these Mobbies

Okay, I was flattered and honored that my peensy blog was nominated for a Mobbie award (you can still vote up to Friday evening by going to the link at right, and you can only vote once per day in each category). but I'm not doing so well. Out of 21 food blogs, I'm, um, #19. A weeeeee bit demoralizing. I feel like Chicago 2016 - with high hopes but out in the first round. Or perhaps one of those cities that didn't even make it to the final four - like Doha. (BTW: of course I'm sad for Chicago but hey, the Olympics are goin' to South America for the first time ever! Way to go, Rio!)

Anyway, just like Arianna Huffington when she ran for California governor along with 150 other people during that crazy recall election in 2003 (I know - I lived in Cali at the time, before it "fell apart"), I'm going to ask my readers to send their votes to other blogs. Alas, there is no hope for me. But thank you all who voted for me! Maybe I'll get nominated again next year?

Of course, if you really still want to vote for me, there's no one stopping you :)

11 comments:

Pigtown*Design said...

i am sure i am behind you. once i found out that people had to register to vote and there's a disclaimer saying that the sun will solicit you, i just decided not to ask people to vote.

Bonniesgirl said...

You are way more entertaining than those blogs with friends and family stuffing the ballot box. So there.

John said...

PD - I missed that disclaimer!

BG - Thank you :)

PD and BG - I haven't bothered to aggressively push it. Most of my friends and family would've probably voted for me, but I caught wind of it too late and if I have to keep on jumping up and down saying "PLEASE VOTE FOR MEEEEEE!" then I don't want it. I'm not saying that's what people are doing, but it's a funny image in my head, and I'd feel like I was doing that.

baltsplainer said...

I didn't vote.. totally a ploy to get people on their evil mailing list.. plus contests that let people stuff ballots like that are a scam anyway.

John said...

KM: You're right. Besides, I have the compliments of my peers. That's all that matters. And a mention in Baltimore Magazine :)

Brad said...

I'm up for nomination in the same category and I voted for you!

But yeah, really it's just a P.I.T.A. campaigning for votes, forcing people to register with name, email address, etc. Just not worth it IMO.

Keep up the good work though.

theminx said...

At least *you* got nominated. :)

pizzablogger said...

Who cares?

Some of the other blogs have multiple posts that are little more than advertising "free coupons here, "buy stuff here" and they also fill up Twitter with the same. Bullocks.

BTW, I am a somewhat newer blog, but I'm in LAST place....maybe partly because I never put up the "Vote For Me" logos and such because I didn't want to bother my readers with registrating at the Sun and frankly, my dear, I don't give a.....

The one good thing about the mobbies is I became aware of more area blogs,with yours being one I now enjoy reading very much!

Keep pumping out the goods, which is all that matters at the end of the day. Good stuff here! --PB

John said...

Minx - You're right. What am I bitching about? :)

Brad - Thanks, I voted for you too (which I think I told ya' anyway)!

PB - Yeah, I saw your blog in the food award section. I will link to it on my main page. This is National Pizza Month? I had no idea. I should know this kind of stuff, no?

Brad said...

I agree with what Pizza Blogger said - these awards have become a great way for us to find tons of great, local content. In that sense, we all win.

pizzablogger said...

John, did you get the gmail I sent you about Oct 24th. Would love to include you. Please contact me at gmail when you can. Thanks!

As far as knowing about National Pizza Month....hard for any one person to keep track of all of that....It's apparantly National Cupcake Month as well (?) --K