Friday, August 28, 2009

Wha-wha-WHAT?

The lunch hush...

The Brass Elephant is no more. I didn't even know about this until I read a Tweet from the City Paper yesterday. Had I known that Restaurant Week would be the last time it was open, I would have stopped by one final time, not only visiting it one final time but also keeping intact my streak of restaurants closed after visiting them during summer Restaurant Week. My sister and I stopped in for dessert once. We got some crème brûlée in their gorgeous lounge upstairs. It was a nice way to finish off an evening. The Brass Elephant was a lovely restaurant, but I guess lovely doesn't always cut it in a recession. Damn shame.

4 comments:

LoveFeast Table said...

What?! Didn't know...

jmc said...

That's kind of sad. One of my friends went their for their anniversary dinner every year, because his wife loved the place so much. But only on their anniversary, so maybe that kind of patronage was part of the problem?

I noticed The Bicycle in Federal Hill has closed up shop, too, although I'm not sure when it happened. Noticed the realtor sign in the window last week.

Katie said...

Bummer. I never got a chance to check it out. I read about this earlier on Midnight Sun. The Baltimore Sun article linked on Midnight Sun said that they were without reservations for some time... a shame.

Pigtown*Design said...

so sad.