Sunday, July 26, 2009

LP Steamers... and several local food bloggers


Tonight, a lot of Baltimore food bloggers got together at LP Steamers. I want to thank everyone who could come. Nine of us were there - eight bloggers and a blog-spouse! We got a lot of jumbo crabs ($5.50 each - they had run out of the smaller ones), plus a few of us got fish sandwiches, chicken strips or oysters. I had the oysters - 3 of them ($9!?!?), and 3 jumbo crabs, which more than filled me up. The total for all of us: about $150.

Just a rundown of who was there: Meg (Pigtown Pigout and Pigtown Design), Julie (Kitchenography), Dara (Dining Dish), Liz (What's to Eat Baltimore?), Kathy (Minxeats and so many others) and husband, Mary (Sweet Mary) and Wendi (Exit 51). Those of you who could not come were, of course, very missed, but we look forward to seeing you the next time!

9 comments:

Bajki dla Dzieci said...

And where are the pics man? Where are the videos? I'm waiting for a proper post on this ;)

theminx said...

I see your internet is back up ;)

Thanks for organizing this - we had a great time!

John said...

It is... for now. Thanks, it was great to finally meet up!

welovefood said...

I would just like to say that as a culinary and hospitality professional as well as a Baltimore native I was seriously dissapointed and appalled at Anthony Bourdain's extremely skewed and short sided view of food in our town. Anyone who knows anything about Baltimore and food knows that there are more "institutions" of classic Baltimore staples than pit beef sandwiches and Laketrout. Although I do commend those restaurants for getting the press and recognition they did I do think this episode did a great disservice to the city of Baltimore as a whole. Not only the food, but the people and families that create the great meals and experiences that are the back bone of Baltimore.

John said...

I haven't seen this Bourdain thing. Where is it? I'm not really sure what you're talking about one way or the other. Not defending or agreeing here. Are you sure you have the right post?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me join y'all on Sunday. And for the link to Exit 51. Meeting everyone helped me decide to make a bit of a change, so I'm becoming Bon Appetit Hon.

John said...

You're welcome, Mary. Good choice of a blog name!

Pigtown*Design said...

(Exit 51 is Wendi)

John said...

Oh now I feel like a dumbass - sorry, Wendi AND Mary!