Saturday, May 30, 2009

Random Photos around SoCal

Today we went for glorious, glorious dim sum at the Ocean Star in Monterey Park, followed by random grocery shopping at the 99 Ranch (the Chinese-American answer to H-Mart). Before finishing, we had a little time to stop off at the Joseph Filippi Winery in Rancho Cucamonga for some wine tasting and purchasing. Since it's late, I'll just let the photos do the talking.

Scenic Atlantic Avenue in Monterey Park

Hmmm, I guess the Ocean Star doesn't have much to worry about in this economy.

Yes, I should have taken the picture before I finished the dim sum. I wish there were more dim sum places in the Baltimore area.

This is only a simulated lobster ball. In the event of an actual lobster ball you will be given further instructions through your local Emergency Response System.

Insert your own line here.

They also had live fish, both swimming in tanks and laying in bins of crushed ice. The big-eyed cod was a bit disconcerting. There was one with very big, glazed-over eyes that was definitely not alive at all. but prodding its neighbor with tongs showed me that it was very much alive.

Perhaps the most descriptive name for a food item I have seen since those "Round Cookies" I bought last year.

Home of Christians. Not sure which ones. Probably just some random Christians.

Five wines tasted for five dollars. I bought two, a rosé and a chocolately dessert wine. You should have seen the guy stocking the shelves. Damn he fine!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

woo! looks like you are having a fun trip! thanks always for your sweet comments John. Hope I get to run into you sometime this summer!