Thursday, December 04, 2008

Beers to Watch Out For: Brooklyn Brewery Black Chocolate Stout


I bought this Black Chocolate Stout from Brooklyn, NY's Brooklyn Brewery after a wine tasting at the Wine Source. It was recommended in that newsletter they always have at the wine and beer tasting table. The brewery actually uses cocoa in its brewing, and I could taste it. It also seems to have more of a kick than most stouts. It should - it's 10.1% alcohol by volume. I would get it again. So would those folks at the Beer Advocate.

4 comments:

roopa said...

They have it on tap at Hamilton Tavern (well, they did a few weeks ago).

I adore the Bklyn Chocolate Stout, but, then again, I love stouts in general so it comes as no big surprise that I like the one that is made by my 2nd favorite brewery in Bklyn (oh yes, there's a 1st favorite...it's Sixpoint).

John said...

Roopa - Do you know if Sixpoint is sold down here? I've never heard of it, but then again, I'm no authority on beers. I'd love to try it if it's that good!

roopa said...

Unfortunately, I doubt it - it's hard enough to find it outside of Brooklyn.

But here's their link: http://www.sixpointcraftales.com/

Brad said...

Yes sirrrrr! My second favorite stout behind Southern Tier's "Choklat"... and slightly above Stone's Russian Imperial Stout.

Brooklyn makes one hell of a stout and for the price, you really can't beat it. Great stuff.

Props to my boys at Honeygo Liquors in Perry Hall for carrying just about every beer on earth.