Thursday, November 27, 2008

Zen thought for the Thanksgiving holiday


It dawned on me as I was just switching between Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre Foods holiday special and A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving: when Peppermint Patty is griping about how idiotic the food is, did she ever stop to consider that it was planned and prepared by a dog? And that this dog's sous chef is a little yellow bird?

I can't really point fingers at the Peanuts gang. This is the first time in my thirty-something years that I have ever considered this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not made clear during the special, but Peppermint Patty has some perceptual issues. She thinks that Snoopy is a weird-looking kid with a big nose.

See here and skip down to "Notable Character Traits."

John said...

That's right, I forgot that about Patty. But it doesn't let Charlie Brown or Linus off the hook!