Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Last Day to Vote by Absentee Ballot!!! (UPDATE)

Yep, today is the last day to vote...before November 4, that is. If you will vote by absentee ballot, it must be postmarked by 4:30 PM, or faxed by 11:59 PM. Or, you could just do what I did, and vote absentee in person. I did that at my local Board of Elections - I asked for an absentee ballot and, when asked if I wanted to take it with me or vote there, I said I wanted to vote there. Bing, bang, done!

(Just to tie this in with food...) Then go out and grab some lunch or dinner. There!

UPDATE - Oopsie - I misinterpreted what I read on the MD BOE site a bit. It's just the last day to apply for an absentee ballot if you're not going to come in and vote in person. Commenter Elliott gives the heads up. Thanks for the clarification, and for not being pissy about it :)

1 comments:

elliott said...

Today is NOT the last day to vote by absentee ballot. It is the last day to apply for an absentee ballot via mail or fax. And you can still get an absentee ballot in person until election day.

The ballot must be received by the local board of elections by 8pm on election day OR mailed (with verifying postmark) on or before election day (and received before Nov 14).

Regardless, today isn't the last day!

http://www.elections.state.md.us/voting/2008_absentee_info.html