Friday, October 10, 2008

Knish Shop of Pikesville

I found myself trapped in traffic on Reiserstown Road today (rrrrrrrrrrrrgh). I took the time to recover by pulling into the Knish Shop on a busy Friday afternoon, with swarms of shoppers packed in to do shopping for the weekend before it hit sundown (I imagine that Shlomo's Kosher Meat & Fish Market next door was just as busy). Yes, this goy guy felt a little underdressed in T-shirt, shorts and sandals but it was worth it for the tasty knishes I picked up. I figured they would be more expensive, but apparently it's only about $2.50 per knish. I got a delicious spinach knish and, to balance it out, a sweeter one filled with sweet potato. But I did put back the $5 loaf of challah.

Next stop: Sion's Bakery (see Beltway Snackin' Exit 20), where I got a quarter pound of chocolate tops and black & whites for two bits shy of $2 ($8 per lb). Total spent for lunch today: all of $7. And I still have two half knishes left to finish!

1 comments:

Heather said...

Oh, wow, Knish Shop. My Nana lived really close to that place, over in the Warren Park apartments off Slade Ave., and we used to go there sometimes. I love knishes so much. I should make some soon.