Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Andrew Zimmern's Halloween Special

Yes, Andrew Zimmern also had a crazy Halloween special, just like Sandra Lee. Sadly, I did not get any photos of it. Even more sadly, I don't think the Travel Channel is airing it again before Halloween. Happily, you can see two minutes of it on YouTube - and right here!

I caught some of it this morning before work but I had to leave. Andy isn't dressed up in a silly costume until the end. Most of the episode shows him visiting some of those places that had food that tends to gross out most Americans - the blood (Maasai and Mapuche), tarantulas and bugs (heck, everywhere) and rodents (Quechua-style guinea pig anyone?).

The silly gross-out part would have been too much even for semi-homemade diva Sandra Lee. Here, Andy invites costumed friends for a tasting party.



Man, I'd be all over that guinea pig! The blood I'd valiantly try. Don't know about the bugs, which aren't in the clip, but if it was a pre-requisite of being invited I'd play the sport. You also didn't see the crispy fried tarantulas, which are in the hour-long version. He says that part of it, the abdomen, I imagine, is creamy and delicious. Ewwwwwwww.


Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!

1 comments:

Lady Dulayne said...

I'll have to check this out. I love Andrew Zimmern, he's pretty funny.

Thanks for checking out my spot!