Sunday, September 14, 2008

Kumari

I stopped by Kumari on Saturday night for a quick bite. I've eaten here a few times before and would've sworn I wrote about it. Apparently I didn't.

I usually get the lunch buffet at this Nepalese restaurant, which features many Indian and Nepalese dishes. Tonight I was lured in by the promise of chow chow - Nepalese-style noodles with shrimp, chicken, pork or vegetables. But once I was seated, my attention turned to the dahl bhat set ($14) - rice and lentils, with several other dishes, including potato pickle, a substantial vegetable curry and some of the softest, butteriest naan I have eaten in ages. I'd go back just for the naan. And they gave me complementary coriander, tamarind and onion chutneys to go with my papadums - which the menu roughly describes as "Nepalese-style nachos".

Dahl bhat set

Since I had been snacking all day, I only got the dahl bhat set, but with the good service that amounted to a $3 tip, for a grand total of about $17. I'd definitely recommend Kumari as a place to return to - as I have done.

Kumari on Urbanspoon

1 comments:

Dan said...

John: Couldn't find your e-mail address but wanted to let you know there's a Greek Food Fest at the Timonium Fairgrounds the weekend of September 26. DT