Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lemongrass

I haven't been to Lemongrass. But a guy I've recently started dating did swing by there to pick up two orders of chicken fried rice before he brought it up to my place to munch on while we curled up on the couch watching TV. I've seen the mixed reviews of this place. Elizabeth Large thinks it's decent - "a very nice place to be" as she put it. The City Paper is less impressed - style over substance is basically what they said. But user reviews are generally positive. My friend likes it. I can't vouch for most of their food but I have to agree with him: the chicken fried rice, at least, is pretty tasty. And it did survive a car trip from Little Italy to Towson, which most Chinese (and in this case, Thai) food tends not to do. I'll have to meet him down there for dinner one of these nights if I'm free.

Listen to this post as an MP3

4 comments:

Pigtown*Design said...

Elizabeth Smart or Large!

John said...

Aaaaaaaargh! Large! I don't know where I got Liz Smart from. I guess Ms. Smart's biggest concerns don't stem from reviewing the restaurants of Baltimore, Maryland. Thanks for pointing that out...

Heather said...

My bf and I have eaten at Lemongrass four times now and we love the food, the drinks, the atmosphere, and the service. I can't imagine disliking it. But we have only had vegetarian and seafood dishes, so I can't vouch for anything with meat in it.

Anonymous said...

ooh a new guy!!! thats exciting! and one with good taste! nice! Looks like I might be dating a new one too John!!