Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Have Crabs!


Only here is that title not automatically assumed to be lewd. My sister's father-in-law went crabbin' the other day and brought back 20 crabs (18 more than the last time). My mother got a few from him, along with some corn. She handed off five small crabs and an ear of corn to me. I only asked for three or four crabs, but they were small so she gave me more.

Note the wee ramekin (that is what came in that Bed, Bath and Beyond crème brûlée kit). In it I have melted two pats of butter, and I sprinkled a healthy dose of Old Bay next to it. Just dip the crab in the butter, then the Old Bay. Mmmm. Best with beer and/or soda.

3 comments:

theminx said...

We usually only eat crabs once a summer, for my husband's birthday - which is next week. Yay! I'm looking forward to that spicy crustacean action!

Anonymous said...

Looks tasty.

John said...

I have eaten so few crabs this summer it's sad. I feel like I'm shirking my duty as a Marylander.

And yes, they were very tasty :)