Friday, August 29, 2008

A few loose ends on YouTube and elsewhere

1. I finally got back to Salty Dog's for their $1 heavy crab night, while doing recon for Exit 42 (I had never been to Edgemere so I never realized how pretty it is). I bought $5 worth and ate 'em last night during Project Runway. Gooooooood crabs!

Mmmm. Cheap crabs.

2. It is almost impossible to find pre-made mole poblano in the grocery store. No Latino grocery is conveniently close to me so that will be my next stop. Plus, it's a pain in the ass to make it because of all the different ingredients. I did find two jars at the Hampden Super Fresh of La Costeña brand mole. I got it home and tried to stick the spoon in - and it was as hard as a piedra de chocolate. Que será será, I guess.

3. Off topic, and not at all food-related, but you don't usually think of NPR personalities in terms of their good looks. But damn - Kai Ryssdal of Marketplace is a hottie! See him in the pool filming a clip from a waterproof camera with Kevin Pereira, host of G4TV's Attack of the Show. Kev is telling Kai on yesterday's show about all the latest waterproof gadgets that an NPR-head would ever want to buy.



Sorry. I love Marketplace, the only show that makes economics remotely interesting. I've been trying to figure out a way to mention it for months.

Listen to this post as an MP3

0 comments: