Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Best Wishes to a Local Food Blogger / We're in the Paper!

A few of us met last night at J. Patrick's to give our best wishes to Roopa Kalyanaraman, author of Raspberry Eggplant. Roopa, sadly, is heading back to New York, though she will be back in town on occasion to visit boyfriend Matt, who's got another year at Hopkins. Good beer - including my two Guinnesses - and Roopa's tasty pomatcha cupcakes - green tea mini-cupcakes with pomegranate molasses frosting - were a nice send off. Good luck, Roopa! I'm glad I found the recipe for those cupcakes.

Also, check out not only Roopa but me and the rest of us in Rob Kasper's latest column for the Sun. He was one of the miracle fruit party attendees and his write-up of the party is in the paper today. A full list of bloggers in attendance is on his site.


J. Patrick's Irish Pub on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

Pigtown*Design said...

I am sorry... how many was that that you said you ate? I didn't notice a number anywhere! ;-)

John said...

Oh, er, um... seven. But they were tiny little cupcakes, and really, y'all goaded me into that last one :) Not that I was being forced to eat it, but nobody wants a cupcake to go to waste, right?

Anonymous said...

OMG you mentioned miracle fruit. I love you for that! Idk if I saw it here but some one was looking for a source; here it is Miracle Fruit

Anonymous said...

Miracle Fruit that link should work lol did wrong link first time around sorry

Meghan said...

yea, 7... riiiiiight! ;)