Friday, May 30, 2008

Polish Festival kicking off Bawlmer's Festival Season

They're baaaaa-aaaaack...

Holy kielbasa, Batman! I didn't even realize this but the Showcase of Nations Ethnic Festivals is starting up this weekend, May 30 though June 1. Check out the city's website (newly fab'd up for the Dixon administration) for the list. This doesn't even count the county festivals and neighborhood celebrations - HonFest, for example, or the Book Festival or Baltimore Gay Pride and Black Gay Pride. This year I'm probably going to make the effort to hit the festivals I missed last year, less so the ones I did hit (forthwith, a recap of what I experienced of last year's festival season - for the older ones, just hit "Older Posts").

And then there's the magic of Artscape. Yes I'm going, and I'll see you there. If you go, that is.

3 comments:

Pigtown*Design said...

i think it's the hare krishna festival this weekend. free food.

John said...

Now I thought I had missed that one already. It might be rained out unless it's also on Sunday.

Pigtown*Design said...

i think that it is... today was the parade, but that may have been rained out.