Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Food 'Po Goes to B-Mo' (the "Variety" Headline)


It's about time I mentioned this, as many fellow Charm City foodie bloggers are doing:

February 23 is the Great Tastes Expo - touted to be the Mid-Atlantic's "Premier Culinary Expo." It's at the Tremont Grand Hotel. I'm not quite sure where that is exactly, but I will have to Google it, because I and several of the people whose web pages I have linked to at right are all taking part in a special panel discussion of Baltimore-area food bloggers. Very exciting - my first panel! Plus, I get in for free :) . Other folks taking part in the expo - but not, mind you, in the panel discussion - include chef and local boy John Shields, whose Chesapeake Bay Cooking fed many California friends when I made them a hearty helping of Maryland fried chicken and apple sauerkraut, Warren Brown in the long-forgotten Sugar Rush show on the Food Network, Vīn Restaurant's Chef Paternotte, and that funny guy Mike from Top Chef season 2.

The list is not final, but when it is I will post links to all the blogs that are being represented. I think I have them all in the right column anyway. Let me know if I have not and I'll add you.
General admission is $50 (including wine tasting) or $20 ("designated driver" admission - no alcohol, please). There are several other things offered. Peruse here at your leisure!

And just for fun, here's a poll Dara put on her page. Are you going to vote in the only trulyprimary of the year? Nope, Mitt McClintamabee isn't on the ballot - it's food.

6 comments:

danielle said...

That's so cool! Congrats! I love Warren Brown. I did forget about his Sugar Rush show. Didn't realize he's local and opening a bakery in Canton now.

John said...

He's local?

danielle said...

Not Charm City Cakes local, but he lives in DC (or so I read, because I'm link-obsessed.)

John said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaah, now I get it!

Now I want a cupcake. There's a good list of places to get fancy ones in Baltimore Magazine's February 2008 issue.

theminx said...

The Tremont Grand is the new hotel on Charles Street that used to be the Masonic Temple. It's across from Charles Plaza.

John said...

Aaaaah, now it makes sense. Thanks.