Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Trader Joe's Butternut-Coconut Milk Soup

I tried a great soup at Trader Joe's this evening, and it's very simple. Mix

  • one box of ready-made Butternut-Apple Soup
with
  • one can of lite coconut milk
and
  • one half of a jar of masala simmer sauce.
Heat them until hot.

That's it, really. I decided to junk it up by making a strange roux of half an onion, one clove of garlic and one sliced jalapeño (with seeds) in olive oil, then mixing in three roasted red Italian peppers, one medium sliced and diced eggplant, a handful of fresh basil and a glass' worth of white wine. Really, I just used whatever I had in my fridge. The soup is slow cooking right now (high for 4 hours). Not sure if I want to purée it or leave it be and just have a nice, chunky soup.

0 comments: