Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Breast Cancer Awareness at the Grocery Store



Y'all may have noticed all the pink in the air, and on the blog for the next few days (no longer, I know how you folks feel about balloons). Nope, it's not the new butch color. It's the national movement to support breast cancer awareness. Even on WJZ they're raising awareness for all women (and the occasional man) to get checked. (Speaking of cancer awareness: I totally missed WJZ's prostate cancer awareness run - so much to be mindful of...).

I went grocery shopping for the new place this week. I wanted to see how much I could get with just $20 (I ended up spending twice that). But among the things I found were a few cans of Campbell's delicious cans of salt tomato soup with very pink labels. A portion of all proceeds from these special cans goes to fund research for... you guessed it! Go look for some other things in the supermarket. Every little bit helps.

If you find more over the next few days please feel free to mention them here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I have not seen these pink cans yet where I live.

John said...

I've only seen them once, but it's in a big supermarket about 10 minutes from me. Some friends of mine tell me they've run into John Waters grocery shopping there once! The most famous person I've ever run into is any one of the newsanchors on the local CBS affiliate :( Nothing as big as Sarah Silverman though.