Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Yep, I gotta concur...

Some fun facts I found in some of my favorite blogs recently:

  • Atlanta Social finds Rachael Ray irritating, and Sandra Lee to boot (please someone give Sandra Lee the boot). I knew I wasn't alone! :)
  • Dan witnesses the horror of the new Oreo Pizza (eww)
  • Fairfax offers a remedy: this great tiramisu she got at Donna's Cross Keys
  • And without even trying Danielle reminded me that there is an Irish Festival in Canton this weekend, much better than the massive corporate mess that is the stifling, impersonal, overpacked Maryland Irish Festival. How do you say "claustrophobic" in Irish Gaelic?
UPDATE - Couldn't find "claustrophobic" but I did find "crowded" - it's plódaithe. I have no idea how to say that.

6 comments:

Jamaila said...

There's also the Maryland Zoo's Reggae and Brew Festival on Saturday, 2-6 PM, where yours truly will be selling awesome jewelry to the masses. Ticket price gets you free zoo admission and ten free beer tickets in addition to entrance to the festival. They've got a decent military and student discount, too.

foodette said...

I most definitely agree - Rachel Ray is annoying, but Sandra Lee is the worst! I don't need someone to tell me how to use yellow cake mix! And who cares about tablescapes - and is that even a word? I also hate that chick who makes a week's worth of dinners out of frozen chopped onions and two chicken breasts.

Anonymous said...

Just found your site via Blogtimore, and seeing a few recent articles I thought I might recommend a few places close to the Arbutus joints you've recently reviewed.

Taneytown Deli in Catonsville - Lunch Food & Deli, open 6am to 3pm
Caffe di Roma in Catonsville - coffee and italian ice cream, snacks (that might not be the right address but it'll get you damn close. They just opened about a month and a half ago.)

John said...

Jamaila: Thanks for the head's up. So much going on this weekend!

AG: EWWWW!

Anon: I'm on Frederick Rd a lot, but I haven't seen the latter place yet. And I haven't gotten into the Taneytown Deli at all. Thanks, I'll try these out!

Foodette: I wish I could figure out who that was...

Anonymous said...

Big brother, I CAN"T believe that you haven't been to the Taneytown Deli! I went there several years ago when I worked in Catonsville and I? loved their food. You definately need to go there!

John said...

Anonymous: Hey Cathy, it DID work - see your post is on!

BTW, Y'all who are reading, the most recent "anonymous" is my sister :)