Sunday, August 05, 2007

I'm Goin' Back to Cali, Cali, Cali...

Well, I fly out Monday for what will probably be my last trip out to Cali until next year. I usually try to get out there, by my track record, every eight months. Man it's good to have people to stay with so you don't pay for a hotel. No time this Christmas / Hanukkah / Kwanzaa - "Christmakwanzukkah?" (I can see the allure of a simple "Seasons Greetings") break, though, and next Spring Break I am planning something else altogether. I am seriously planning to get back out next summer. Yes, I neurotically plan ahead - way ahead - for these sorts of things! I have to.

To save money that I'd normally spend on magazines and crappy airport food, I checked some interesting books out of the library (no magazine expenditures), and will be making sandwiches to bring on the plane (no crappy airport food). I'll write about these sandwiches when I make 'em, but perhaps it'll take a while - I might be in the air by then.

Again, I fly into Ontario International. This time I'm staying with friends in San Bernardino, before I fly out for an overnight in San Francisco. It's my first trip ever! (No smart remarks.) After that, it's off to Yucaipa where I'm spending the rest of my trip.

I plan to eat out as little as possible during this trip, and when I do it'll probably be more Del Taco and less "fancy schmancy restaurant food." It's time to get my $40 ($30? $20!) a Day skills in gear!

5 comments:

Pigtown*Design said...

HAve a wonderful trip... Can't wait to hear all about it!

danielle said...

That sounds like a great trip. I am leaving next Thursday for my first trip to Cali, ever!

John said...

It should be. Where in Cali will you be? I can give some tips, as I lived there for a while.

Cham said...

Del Taco, BTDT. You and I have the same food budget.

danielle said...

I will be visiting my friend who lives in Torrance, CA from Thurs. 8/16 to Tues. 8/21. She's from DE like me and has only lived there since April, so any tips would be much appreciated! Thanks.