Saturday, August 25, 2007

Get out and see the Baltimore Powwow!

I am seriously hunkered down this weekend, and sadly I won't be able to get out at all. Missing what is shaping up to be a really cool cocktail party that Rachel at Coconut & Lime is throwing (all those cocktails I will miss - sorry again, Rachel!). And I will miss a festival I've really been looking forward to since, well, the last one, the Baltimore American Indian Center's Annual Powwow at Patterson Park. Powwowers from as far as North Carolina and Pennsylvania will be in town for this great event. Note, there are a few powwows in the area, mostly at college campuses (and the National Powwow happened by the National Museum of the American Indian in DC, while I was in California). There will be one at College Park on Friday, November 2. But for now I'll just have to read about it.

So get out to the powwow this weekend, get some fry bread, some Indian tacos, or a crab pita (Constantine's will probably be there - just a hunch) and watch some powwow dance competition.

1 comments:

Pigtown*Design said...

I missed Rachel's too... bummer.