Probably the best thing to eat is nothing. But one usually gets hungry. So what to eat when you're having a Crohn's attack? And I am lucky; mine is not really active unless I eat or do something that really irritates it.
Some things I have eaten today, some smarter choices than others:
- small bowl of spaghetti with spray-on butter - Sufficiently bland enough, only caused mild irritation.
- small handful of Frosted Flakes - Yes, I wanted a snack. Cereal is a valid snack.
- chocolate pudding with whipped cream - Again, for a snack. But since I hadn't even had breakfast or much lunch, it was a bigger part of my day than it would normally seem.
- lots and lots of water - Even that irritated things at first, but by the end of the day it was a blessing.
- Progresso Italian Wedding Soup - They used to call it "Chickarina" Soup.