Friday, March 16, 2007

In anticipation of St. Patrick's Day...

My dinner plans were thrown to hell tonight. All the sleet and crud on the roads tonight make me want to stay in tonight (all this after schools closed two hours early - lots of happy children at work today). I was going to Tír Na Nóg tonight, but am going next week (will write about it then). But I am going out tomorrow anyway. Here's an homage to my favorite drink of the holiday, nay the whole year. It's what I'll be drinking in some form or another tomorrow. Céad mille fáilte*, hon! >>hic<<**.

* Pronounced "ched meela fall-cha," it means "A hundred thousand blessings."
**Uh, what's "Excuse me" in Irish?

3 comments:

danielle said...

Our local bar, No Idea Tavern, opened at 6am this morning, serving a pint of Guiness for $1!

John said...

Alright, I'm gonna say it - I had No Idea! (or no No Idea) What a blessed place!

Pigtown*Design said...

I remember when Sean Bolan's (RIP) used to do that and everyone would come in their PJs!