Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Catherine Tate - Mushroom Soup

I know, two videos from YouTube in a row, but this made me laugh. A lot. British comedienne Catherine Tate outdoes herself when her character's husband gets a nasty surprise at the local gastropub (a pub that serves food, but really highfalutin' food).

UPDATE: The YouTube folks have pulled this video. Shame, too, because I now have no idea where else to find this :( . The dirty bastards!

UPDATE 2: I did find the video again, somewhere on MySpace
. I didn't even know they hosted videos. But I don't know anything about MySpace anyway.

7 comments:

danielle said...

Never heard of Catherine Tate. Pretty funny. And gastropub - what a funny word.

John said...

Yeah, she's big over there but we don't see much of her over here. Just once on BBC America, that's it. I had to look her up when they first showed her program. The TV Guide said she was like the next Tracey Ullman. The first show bored me but everything else I saw after that was really funny!

Pigtown*Design said...

Regular pub food is pretty basic, and gastropubs are just upmarket food, organics and such, like shitake mushrooms, doncha know?

John said...

And portabello and crimini, I bet. And delicious dried shit ache mushrooms. I love that!

Pigtown*Design said...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/food_and_drink/commercial/gastro_pub/

This was in the London Times this morning. It's the top gastropubs.

Anonymous said...

ROTFL

John said...

Fairfax: Ooh, will check that out for the next time I head on over to the UK. All: Glad y'all liked the videoclip.