Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Catherine Tate - Mushroom Soup

I know, two videos from YouTube in a row, but this made me laugh. A lot. British comedienne Catherine Tate outdoes herself when her character's husband gets a nasty surprise at the local gastropub (a pub that serves food, but really highfalutin' food).

UPDATE: The YouTube folks have pulled this video. Shame, too, because I now have no idea where else to find this :( . The dirty bastards!

UPDATE 2: I did find the video again, somewhere on MySpace
. I didn't even know they hosted videos. But I don't know anything about MySpace anyway.

7 comments:

danielle said...

Never heard of Catherine Tate. Pretty funny. And gastropub - what a funny word.

Baltimore Snacker said...

Yeah, she's big over there but we don't see much of her over here. Just once on BBC America, that's it. I had to look her up when they first showed her program. The TV Guide said she was like the next Tracey Ullman. The first show bored me but everything else I saw after that was really funny!

Fairfax said...

Regular pub food is pretty basic, and gastropubs are just upmarket food, organics and such, like shitake mushrooms, doncha know?

Baltimore Snacker said...

And portabello and crimini, I bet. And delicious dried shit ache mushrooms. I love that!

Fairfax said...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/food_and_drink/commercial/gastro_pub/

This was in the London Times this morning. It's the top gastropubs.

Fritz said...

ROTFL

Baltimore Snacker said...

Fairfax: Ooh, will check that out for the next time I head on over to the UK. All: Glad y'all liked the videoclip.