Did you know that the sale of beer and wine is legal in the state of Virginia on Sunday, unlike here? At least in the independent city of Falls Church it is. I found that out up close and personal today as I headed down the 295 and around the Capitol Beltway to Falls Church, VA. My purpose was twofold. First, I planned to visit a dim sum restaurant I had read about on Chowhound.com called Lucky Three, which the Chowhound folks love, but many others think is either awesome or okay (no bad reviews, though; check the Washington City Paper and the Washingtonian). I forgot to write down the address, so I had to forget that first part of the agenda.
- groceries (Cadbury choclates from England, tiramisu mix from Germany, and whole shelves filled with Thai Kitchen products)
- wines (pick a country, any country)
- beers (okay, not as many countries to pick from)
- furnishings (papasan chairs, bookcases, couches, oh my)
- miscellaneous items (tableware, cookware, cookbooks, carpets, draperies), and
- art from around the world (Maasai necklaces, Tibetan Buddhist meditation bowls, and lots of stuff from Indonesia)