Wednesday, January 31, 2007

So, we're a center of the Slow Food Movement?

I found out this tidbit from the über-bubbly Rachael Ray. I am right now writing this and watching Rachael Ray's Tasty Travels: Baltimore. They're making crab cakes at Faidley's as I write - no, now John Shields' to-die-for soft-shells at Gertrude's (girl is about to explode with delight eatin' them softs, hon). Apparently, as La Rachael notes, B-more is a center of the "Slow Food Movement." Did anybody know this? Maybe it is, and probably I am learning something new. But I had heard nothing. Hell, I didn't even know there was a Slow Food Movement, so I probably am not an expert on whether or not we are a center for it.

She did give me ideas for places to try out the Slow Food of Bawlmer. She notes three places: Bicycle Bistro, which serves (expensive) organic food, the Golden West Café, with its famous green chile sauce (and lower prices), and Abacrombie, which is, well, expensive (and also on Baltimore Mag's Best Of issue). I'll probably stick with the cheapest, the Golden West Café. That buttery green chile sauce looks divine.

2 comments:

danielle said...

I happen to have gone to Golden West on Wed. I don't think I've ever had anything with the green chile sauce, but the sweet potato fries are divine and they have these monstrous cakes displayed in glass cakestands. The reg. and decaf coffee are both always good.

John said...

Ooooh! I know where my next night out is gonna be! Sweet potato fries, mmmmmmmm.