Sunday, January 28, 2007

All This Utz!

I am sitting here munching on Utz Sweet Potato Chips. Sweet potato! Very tasty, but very surprising. When did Utz first start this new gourmet line, part of their Kettle Classics line? I'm not complaining, mind you. But it just took me by surprise.

Utz really does have lots of varieties now. Plain, rippled, cracked pepper, sour cream and onion, salt and vinegar, barbecue, Carolina BBQ, Chesapeake-style, etc. Oh, and now sweet potato. I counted at least eleven different varieties of the Utz potato chip in my local Royal Farms store alone. Who knew the sheer Darwinian diversity of the Utz potato chip?

2 comments:

danielle said...

I haven't seen the sweet potato chips. Are those at Royal Farms? I crave potato chips occasionally. My fave are Carolina BBQ, although I like the Crab chip, too.

John said...

I found the sweet potato chips at Whole Foods, though they didn't have them at the Mt. Washington one the last time I checked. They must have run out. They might be at the Fleet St. location, though.