Sunday, December 17, 2006

Trip to London Countdown: 10 days to go...

I am more and more excited by the day! Ten days from now I am heading across the pond to rainy ol' London. Nice to know that the weather isn't so harsh as it usually is here. The projected temps for when I arrive are about 50°F, so as far as the cold goes, I should acclimate well.

Oh, and how awesome is it about just how harsh it hasn't been here lately - with the warmest day in a while set for Monday (too bad I can't wear shorts to work)!

And of course I am on the prowl for the cheapest eats. TimeOut publishes this Cheap Eats Guide to London, but apparently the last one they published was in June 2005, and the next one comes out in February. I won't need it by then :( So I'll just take the one with me that I got out of the library.

Sadly, I may be cancelling another trip that I thought was going to happen in January. My brother-in-law is set to graduate from his military training in Augusta at the end of January. I was going to fly down with my sister, make a weekend of it, the whole thing. But now they have changed the date to midweek, and I don't think I can make it. I will be missing a lot more work than I expected, so my family will just have to go down without me :( No Paula Deen trip, no graduation to see, no Paula Deen trip...

2 comments:

kris said...

How exciting! Can't wait for all the reviews. :)

John said...

Thanks, and there will be some!